WD CL SN520 NVMe SSD
M.2 2242 NVMe Solid State Drive (SSD)
Western Digital CL SN520 NVMe SSD M.2 2242 - 128GB
Get a Quote!
Fueling Innovation for Next-Generation Commercial & Industrial Applications
With future-ready, design flexibility and a scalable NVMe architecture on 64-layer 3D NAND, the product is breaking through performance limits for commercial and industrial applications. With a broad temperature range and high endurance, the CL NVMe SSD is a cost-effective, small form factor, reliable storage solution with capacity points from 128GB to 512GB.
The CL SN520 are built on PCIe Gen3x2 storage solution. Designed for applications that require high performance, a wide temperature range, increased reliability at a low power consumption with the options for the small M.2 2280 and M.2 2242 form factors.
Applications and Workloads
- In-flight Entertainment Systems
- Data Logging and Recorder
- Video Surveillance
- Factory 2.0
- Machinery Automation
- IoT Edge Gateway
- Network Equipment
- Embedded PC
Powerful Construction Ideal for Commerical Applications
The Western Digital CL SN520 NVMe SSD is a PCIe Gen3 x2 storage solution designed for applications that require high performance, low capacities and small M.2 2280 and M.2 2242 form factors. Customers can take advantage of the following features:
- Multiple M.2 Design Options: A form factor as small as M.2 2242 and a Gen3 x 2 storage solution means greater flesiblitiy, particularly for lan limited chipsets and for designing with a wide variety of motherboard and chipset configurations, where footprints is limited.
- Wide Operating Temperature of 0°C - 85°C: Appications like in-flight entertainment systems, factory 2.0 / machinery automation, edge gateways tend to operate within high operating temperature range, but companies are often required to invest both resources and power to maintain system cool. A wide operating temperature of up to 85°C mean the Western Digital CL SN520 NVMe SSDs can reduce the need for cooling investment and enable applications to run longer minimal heat sink and airflow requirements.
- Endurance as up to 400 TBW: With new applications that generate large data sets, or alternatively work around the clock, SSDs must handle high write intensive workloads. Data intensive applications like surveillance and gateways need a more write capcable drive. The Western Digital CL SN520 NVMe SSD's high endurance capability allows applications to write a significant amount of data over the file of the drive.
- Longevity: Customers building for commercial applications value supply continuity and long availability cycles. Based on a fully integrated solution which includes an in-house controller, 64-layer 3D NAND, firmware and validation, the Western Digital CL SN520 NVMe SSD offers an extended longevity, for an efficient supply and a long-term availability.
- Reliability and Ruggedness: Commercial applications require high error resistance to maintain a stable operational environment. The Western Digital CL SN520 NVMe SSD provides low 10-17 UBER. For applications like factory automation, and industrail equipment where more rugedness is required, the Western Digital CL SN520 NVMe SSD complies with industry standard JESD22-B103B and supports operating vibration of up to 20G (20-2,000Hz, linear sweep).
- Performance: Based on PCIe Gen3 x2, the CL SN520 NVMe SSD delivers high performance with sequentail read and write speeds of up to 1,700MB/s and 1,450MB/s respectively, as well as random read and write speeds of up to 275K/270K IOPS.
The Western Digital CL SN520 NVMe SSD enables high endurance, wide temperatures and high performance for the most demanding commercial and industrial applications. With M.2 small form factors, capacities up to 512GB and extended supply longevity, the Western Digital CL SN520 NVMe SSD delivers a robust, reliable, and future-ready storage solution.
|Form Factor||M.2 2242-S3-B-M|
|Interface||PCIe Gen3 x2 NVMe v1.3|
|Sequential Read up to (MB/s)||1,500||1,700||1,700|
|Sequential Write up to (MB/s)||800||1,300||1,450|
|Random Read up to (IOPS)||95K||220K||275K|
|Random Write up to (IOPS)||90K||170K||270K|
|Peak Power (10µ)||5.3W||5.3W||5.8W|
|Operating Power (1s)||2.4W||2.5W||2.6W|
|Operating Power (PS3)||25mW||25mW||25mW|
|Operating Power (PS4)||2.5mW||2.5mW||2.5mW|
|Operating Power (VDC/ ±5%)||3.3||3.3||3.3|
|Mean Time To Failure (MTTF)5||Up to 12M hours||Up to 8M hours||Up to 5M hours|
|Unrecoverable Bit Error Rate (UBER)||10-17||10-17||10-17|
|Operating Temperatures6||32°F to 185°F (0°C to 85°C)|
|Non-operating Temperatures7||-67°F to 185°F (-55°C to 85°C)|
|Operating and Non-operating Vibration||20G, 20-2,000Hz, linear sweep|
|Operating and Non-operating Shock||1,500G, 0.5ms Half Sine|
|Certifications||FCC, UL, TUV, BSMI, KCC, VCCI, C-Tick|
|Limited Warranty8||5 years|
|Width||22mm ± 0.15mm|
|Length||42mm ± 0.15mm|
1 As used for storage capacity, one gigabyte (GB) is equal to one billion bytes and one terabyte (TB) is equal to one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment.
2 Test Conditions: Performance is based on the CrystalDiskMark 5.2.2 benchmark using a 1000MB LBA range ASUS Z170A desktop with Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz, 8GB 2133MHz DDR4. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit using Microsoft StorNVMe driver, secondary drive. Performance may vary based on host device. 1MB = 1,000,000 bytes. IOPS = input/output operations per second.
3 TBW (terabytes written) values calculated using JEDEC client workload (JESD219) and vary by product capacity.
4 Power measurements at 25°C
5 MTTF = Mean Time To Failure based on internal tesing and by using Tecordia stress part testing (Telecordia SR-332, GB, 40°C, 12 hours/day). MTTF is based on a sample population and is estimated by statistical measurements and acceleration algorithms. MTTF does not predict an individual drive's reliability and does not constitute a warrenty.
6 Operational temperature as reported by device (composite temperature).
7 Non-operationl storage temperature does not guarantee data retention.
8 5 years or Max Endurance (TBW) limit, whichever occurs first. 5 year warranty in regions no recognizing "limted." See http//support.wdc.com for more details.
Download the Western Digital CL SN520 NVMe SSD Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!