Ultrastar DC SA620
Purpose-Built for Cloud, Boot and Edge
Contact us for pricing!
Optimized for Read-Intensive Workloads in the Cloud and at the Edge
Cloud and Software-defined Storage environments require elastic infrastructure to be able to adapt to continuously changing workload and data requirements. Delivering performance and capacity at the right time, while staying on budget, is essential to success. Western Digital’s Ultrastar DC SA620 SATA SSDs enable price/performance with mixed-use endurance options to support elasticity required for cloud data centers to succeed. SATA SSDs also play a role in edge computing, where applications like content delivery networks (CDNs) are moving away from centralized data centers to locations closer to those who are consuming the content. In such environments, data access speed is essential. SATA SSDs are key to delivering cost-effective performance for these read-intensive environments. Our purpose-built Ultrastar DC SA210 drives deliver price/performance to edge servers and read-intense CDNs, and are also well-suited for use as boot drives. With capacities as low as 120GB up to 1.92TB, you can choose the right capacity point for your operating system and logging requirements.
- Capacities as low as 120GB and up to 1.92TB
- Up to 512 MiB/s read and 475 MiB/s write sequential throughput
- Drop-in ready 6 Gb/s SATA interface works in existing infrastructure
- Enterprise data durability features
- Options for read-intense and mixed-use workloads
- Enterprise-class 2M hour MTBF reliability rating
Applications and Workload
- IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS Infrastructure
- Social Media, Web Servers
- Software-Defined Storage (SDS)
- eCommerce, Micropayments
- Enterprise Server Boot
- Video Streaming, Video-on-Demand
- Audio Streaming and File Servers
- Read-intensive applications that benefit from faster data access
|Interface||SAS 6 Gb/s|
|Form Factor||2.5-inch 7mm drive|
|Capacity||1.8 DW/D: 1.6TB / 800GB / 400GB
0.6 DW/D: 1.92TB / 960GB / 480GB
|Endurance (Drives writes per day, DW/D)||1.8 DW/D: 1.8 for 5 years -or- 3 for 3 years
0.6 DW/D: 0.6 for 5 years -or- 1 for 3 years
|Maximum Terabytes Written (TBW)||1.8 DW/D: 5,256 / 2,628 / 1,314
0.6 DW/D: 2,102 / 1,051 / 526
|Flash Memory Technology||15nm TLC NAND|
|Sequential Read (max MiB/s, 128KiB)||512|
|Sequential Write (max MiB/s, 128KiB)||445|
|Random Read (max IOPS, 4KiB)||76,000|
|Random Write (max IOPS, 4KiB)||1.8 DW/D: 32,000
0.6 DW/D: 16,000
|Mixed Random Read/Write (max IOPS 70%R/30%W, 4KiB)||1.8 DW/D: 52,000
0.6 DW/D: 28,000
|Write Latency (μs, average)||1.8 DW/D: 56
0.6 DW/D: 66
Download the Ultrastar DC SA620 Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Contact us for pricing!