24-bay NVMe-oF Storage Platform
OpenFlex Data24 24-bay NVMe-oF Storage Platform
Get a Quote!
- Up to 368TB of low latency Dual Port SSDs in 2U 24-bay platform
- Bandwidth match between SSDs (Storage) and I/O (Network) – No oversubscription
- RESTful API support for simplified management
- Vertically integrated Western Digital design: NVMe SSDs, fabric adapters and platform
- Optional dual adapter configuration for direct SAS replacement
- Industry-leading 5-year limited warranty
The Performance of NVMe™ Flash in Shared Storage
Western Digital’s OpenFlex Data24 NVMe-oF storage platform extends the high performance of NVMe flash to shared storage. It provides low-latency sharing of NVMe SSDs over a high-performance Ethernet fabric to deliver similar performance to locally attached NVMe SSDs. Unsurpassed connectivity in its class using Western Digital RapidFlex NVMe-oF controllers, allows up to six hosts to be attached without a switch, like a traditional JBOF.
NVMe-over-Fabrics, or NVMe-oF, is a networked storage protocol that allows storage to be disaggregated from compute to make that storage widely available to multiple applications and servers. By enabling applications to share a common pool of storage capacity, data can be easily shared between applications or needed capacity can be allocated to an application to respond to application needs.
OpenFlex Data24 NVMe-oF storage platform can also be used as a disaggregated storage resource in an open composable infrastructure environment using the Open Composable API. The platform can also be specified with just two RapidFlex adapters for simpler environments and as a direct replacement for SAS external storage. OpenFlex Data24 is built to deliver high availability and enterprise-class reliability. The entire platform, including SSDs, is backed with a 5-year limited warranty.
Applications and Workloads
- Real-time Analytics
- SDS Environments
- High-Performance Computing
- Public or Private Cloud
- Scale-Out/Up Configurations
- AI and Machine Learning
- Enables multiple servers to share NVMe flash storage as if it were local
- Leverages low latency fabric to fully utilize IOPS and capacity
- Provides more efficient use of large capacity SSDs at low latency
- Balances access to eliminate over-subscription and maintain NVMe performance
- Provides open composability thru mature NVMe-oF standard
- Ideal SAS replacement option (dual adapter configuration)
|OpenFlex Data24 Specifications|
|Front Drive Bays||Up to 24 x U.2 NVMe SSDs|
|Power Supply||2x 2000W Platinum 200-240VAC, CRPS, Hot Plug|
|Fabric Adapter Slots||6x PCIe x16|
|Fabric Adapter(s)||Western Digital RapidFlex NVMe-oF Fabric Adapter|
|Cabling||Passive (1 – 5m) and Active Optical (5 – 50m)|
|Platform Management||ARM Based BMC|
|Rear I/O||1G-BASE-T Management Port (RJ-45)|
|HA Redundancy||Dual IOMs, Dual Port SSDs, Dual PSUs, Dual Rotor Hot Plug Fans|
|Environmental||10°C – 35°C|
|Chassis Dimensions (Height x Width x Depth)||8.75 x 44.80 x 71.12 cm
3.45” x 17.64” x 28” in
|Weight||Maximum 31.75 kg / 70 lb|
|Limited Warranty||5 Years Standard|
|128K Bandwidth||4K IOPS||4K QD1 Latency|
|6 x 100GbE||Read||71.3 GB/s||15.2M||168 μs|
|Write||39.8 GB/s||6.2M||44 μs|
|2 x 100GbE||Read||23.83 GB/s||5.09M||175.45 μs|
|Write||15.09 GB/s||3.72M||41.73 μs|
Download the Western Digital OpenFlex Data24 NVMe-oF Storage Platform Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!